Let Codespring invite you to a technological environment that embraces the commitment to excellence in developing software. Codespring is offering to be your professional ICT mentor and would like to equip you with the knowledge and skills required for a future software development career. You can get enrolled in our professional community by choosing the workshop that best fits your technical interests. Check out our LATEST HIGHLIGHTS from 2017!
The mentoring program is meant to raise awareness of the role and weight of practical IT training and offers students practical training experience combined with work in order to attain industry specific marketable skills. The concept of the mentor program is to ensure access to professional knowledge and hands-on experience required by active IT market participants via practical internships spent at economic organizations.
In addition to this, the program provides appropriate professional framework and consultancy for students writing their B.Sc. thesis and facilitates the transit from the academic world to the field of work. The mentor program ensures immediate professional advantage for graduate students and can be a good kick in starting a career in software programming.
- Summer internships;
- Common projects;
- Professional supervision of BSc and MSc dissertations.
- Preparatory courses for 1st year ICT students;
- Training sessions for ICT students
- Practical workshops for ICT students
There is an admission procedure and a preliminary examination for undergraduate and graduate students, as well, to determine that candidates are eligible and have the necessary technical skills to succeed. The number of vacant places for each practical training enrolment program is limited.
All technical trainings and workshops will end with a final examination. All program attendees who will successfully complete final examination are awarded with a Certificate of Achievement recognized by Codespring and by Codespring’s partner network. Attendees have more than one occasion to take the final exam. Certification examination is open to everyone: one is eligible to take the certification examination even if he or she wasn’t enrolled in the program.
In most of the cases there is a dependency between enrollment programs: one cannot enrol into an advanced level, without having completed the level inferior to it.
Given the fact that all candidates have different knowledge backgrounds, Codespring will organize three to four consultancy sessions for each and every type of technical training to offer professional guidance throughout the entire period of the training.
Practical Training for ALL CATEGORIES
- Java Fundamentals (Java 1): entry level Java training dedicated for 1st year students;
- Java Technologies (Java 2): junior level Java training dedicated for 2nd year students;
- Java Enterprise Development Platforms and Frameworks (Java 3): advanced level Java training;
Note: Currently trainings are delivered in Hungarian as they are sustained through the partnership with UBB Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science – Hungarian Department.
Please find below a detailed description of our Java trainings:
JAVA FUNDAMENTALS (JAVA 1)
Certificate: Codespring – Entry Level Java Developer;
- Introduction in Java programming: the history of the Java programming language, language properties, basic concepts, syntax, simple applications;
- Object oriented programming in Java: classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, abstract classes, interfaces, nested classes, packages;
- Graphical user interfaces and event handling: the AWT package: the AWT model, AWT components, layout managers, AWT events and event handling, the MVC pattern;
- AWT graphics, applets: displaying AWT components, AWT graphics, creating applets;
- Graphical user interfaces: the SWING toolkit: the SWING model, SWING components, SWING look and feel, graphics;
- Execution threads: creating threads, lifecycle and possible states, priority levels, communication between threads, synchronization, deprecated methods and related patterns;
- Streams, files and serialization: the java.io package, the File class, random access files, serialization and version control, the pipeline mechanism;
- Java Collections Framework (JCF) and generics: type hierarchy, generic types, JCF interfaces, JCF implementations, comparable objects and sorting, fundamental algorithms;
- Networking basics: the java.net package, the ServerSocket, Socket, and DatagramSocket classes;
- Designing and implementing Java applications: development methods, UML fundamentals, creating documentations, conventions and patterns, development tools;
- Creating a simple Java project;
- Some interesting examples and exercises.
JAVA TECHNOLOGIES (JAVA 2)
Certification: Codespring – Junior Java Developer;
- Java SE overview, advanced development methods, design patterns and development tools;
- Java persistence basics, multitier software architectures: the JDBC API, the Abstract DAO Factory design pattern, multitier software architectures;
- Java SE – complementary topics: exception handling patterns, logging, internationalization and localization;
- Java SE – complementary topics: the Java security mechanism, the Java reflection API, the Java annotation mechanism;
- Java web programming fundamentals: Java EE – general introduction, the Java Servlet API;
- Java web programming fundamentals: JSP, JSTL, the MVC pattern, building tools (Apache Ant)
- Processing XML with Java: DTD, XSD, DOM, SAX, JAXP, JDOM;
- ORM frameworks: motivation and basic concepts, examples, the Hibernate framework;
- Distributed systems: accessing resources using JNDI, distributed object applications – CORBA, the JAVA RMI API;
- Dynamic component models: OSGi, Equinox, the Eclipse platform, Eclipse plug-ins;
- RCP applications: the SWT toolkit, the JFace toolkit, developing Eclipse RCP applications;
- Complementary topics: more packages and frameworks (java.concurrent, java.nio, the Apache Mina framework).
JAVA ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT PLATFORMS AND FRAMEWORKS (JAVA 3)
Certification: Codespring – Java Developer;
- Enterprise Application Development: strategies and methods (e.g. Agile Methods, Scrum)
- Enterprise Application Development: methodologies and tools (distributed version control, project management tools, quality management platforms, communication and document management)
- Build and dependency management (Ant, Maven, Gradle), related topics (e.g. repository management), continuous integration tools (Jenkins);
- Developing enterprise applications using the Java EE framework: strategies, platforms, application servers, tools, Java EE platform overview;
- The EJB component model: EJB types, resource management, simple EJB applications;
- Persistence: JPA basics, entities, entity management, mapping entity relationships
- Persistence: JPA-QL, entity listeners
- Container services: transaction management, security
- More container services and AOP: timer service, basic AOP concepts and AspectJ, interceptors
- Web services: SOAP, WSDL, JAX-WS
- Web services: RESTful web services, JAX-RS
- The Spring framework: framework overview, the IoC container, components, scopes, annotations;
- More Spring topics and frameworks: persistence, transaction management, security, etc.
- Topics related to software verification and validation (e.g.Unit Testing – JUnit, Mockito)
- Complementary topics (bean validation, managing DB changes etc.)
The training itself will be scheduled during the weekends according to the agreed dates. The information will be communicated by email to the accepted participants.
Teams with 3 to 5 candidates are welcomed to apply for the common projects. Candidate teams will be supervised and guided by experienced project managers throughout the entire period of the workshop. Common meetings are scheduled on a weekly basis to house Q&A sessions.
If you plan to apply for one of our Java-based common projects it is advisable to en-roll in our Java trainings.
Codespring encourages long-term summer internships lasting from 2 to 3 months. Candidates showing outstanding professional results will be granted a Codespring scholarship for their summer internship projects. To get enrolled in the Codespring summer internship program you need to apply with a professional cv and pass our interview successfully. When applying for a summer internship to Codespring it is an advantage if you have previously been taken part in our mentoring program. Topics and development projects of summer internships will be set together with the internship coordinator.
Professional Supervision and Coordination of BSc and MSc Dissertations
Professional Supervision and Coordination of BSc and MSc Dissertations is ensured by Codespring trainers and project managers, in close collaboration with lecturers and professors of the Babeș-Bolyai University. Regular consultancy meetings are held on a weekly basis. As Codespring encourages participation at the Students Scientific Conference, we therefore assist with professional guidance the preparation of the students for such conferences. Participating at our common projects and getting enrolled in our summer internship program is a real advantage for students applying for professional supervision and coordination of BSc and MSc dissertations.
Coordinator: Károly SIMON, Ph.D.
Should you have questions about any of the trainings or workshops, please don’t hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our colleagues will be more than happy to assist you with advice. If you would like to know more about the program, please visit edu.codespring.ro/
The Codespring Team wishes YOU all the best in your academic and professional career! We hope that we can welcome you soon at our company!