IDC: Romania IT Services Market 2014-2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares
IDC announced last week the public issue of a new study on Romania: “Romania IT Services Market 2014–2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares”. Interesting facts and forecasts are being presented in the paper. In the following lines you will find a brief summary and highlights from the study.
According to recently published IDC Romania new study: “Romania IT Services Market 2014–2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares” :
– In 2013, the Romanian IT services market expanded marginally in U.S. dollar terms year on year to a value of $510.12 million, due to a slight improvement of the country’s economy.
– The systems integration category accounted for the largest share of IT services revenue, followed by hardware support and installation, and software support and installation. The combined outsourcing category comprised 15.1% of the IT services market in the country in 2013. The outsourcing macromarket posted the highest growth rates of any macromarket in Romania in 2013. The reluctance of Romanian companies to use services delivered by a third party is changing, and new, successful partnerships are emerging. Demand for third-party hosting services is increasing, with service providers investing in new datacenters or expanding existing sites.
This IDC study presents the IT services industry in Romania in 2013 and forecasts expenditures on IT services through 2018. The study contains market size, vendor market shares, and forecasts for 13 foundation market categories. The study ranks the top IT services providers by their 2013 revenues and includes detailed profiles of IT services portfolios for the top five, their presence in individual vertical markets, and their largest contracts. The top providers for each of IDC’s foundation market categories are also included.
The Romanian IT environment is shifting, and businesses expect the majority of IT services to be delivered in a dynamic, flexible, and cost-effective manner. Many companies continuously evaluate their IT investments and demand high service levels with tight IT budgets and short timelines. The IDC study helps vendors understand what are the main drivers and inhibitors of this market and what should they do in order to succeed on the market.
The study also answers the following questions:
- What are IDC’s predictions for spending on IT services in Romania?
- What are the assumptions behind the forecast numbers, and what impact will the related issues have on the market during the forecast period?
- What are the new trends in IT services delivery?
- Who are the market leaders in Romania based on services revenue, and what are their strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for the future?
Should you need any more information about this report, contact us or contact IDC representatives Ludmila Malcheva – Sales Manager, IDC South East Europe.
*published by courtesy of IDC.